Director, Strategy & Business Operations
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Corporate Strategy and Business Operations (“BizOps”) team at Splunk is focused on driving results for the company through performance management, operational cadence, and strategic initiatives and is broadly aligned to the market and functional areas of the organization.
As the Director of Biz Ops, you will develop and execute strategies that drive growth and operational improvements in the business. Projects include formulating strategic priorities and operational plans, conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and driving business and operational initiatives. You will also partner with the leadership team to drive the operational cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content to Executive Staff, Quarterly Business Reviews and Board Meetings.
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision-making and have the opportunity to establish relationships with people across the entire company.
You have a strong product and market background and excel in all areas of strategy development and execution including project management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development. In addition, you demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and technology market experience is ideal.
Based out of San Francisco or San Jose and reporting up to the Sr. Director of Strategy & Business Operations.
- Drive highly visible projects for Splunk; Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and work towards solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- Help drive the operational cadence of the various businesses and drive the definition, measurement and tracking of the key strategic and operational initiatives.
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required (e.g. market, customer, competitive).
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operational plans to capture the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model.
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution.
- 5-6 years of experience post MBA in a combination of strategy, business operations in a technology company, and top-tier consulting firm / corporate strategy field with strong exposure to technology.
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams.
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- Master of Business Administration required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is appreciated.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.