AVP, Business Development and Partner Ecosystems
The AVP, Business Development and Partner Ecosystems will lead our Splunk BD Team to accelerate the company’s growth in existing markets and to develop new market opportunities. This person will have primary responsibility for driving the overall alignment with our Market Groups, Senior Leadership, and Executives for strategic direction. As our products continue to proliferate in the market, gaining clear direction on the most strategic partner levers and driving uniform progress and execution across the BD team is even more critical. The opportunity is for an experienced business development professional to identify, structure and drive revenue through partnerships and other strategic initiatives.
Location: SF Bay Area preferred (but may consider other cities in the U.S.)
- Develop a framework and socialize a clear BD strategy for Splunk
- Demonstrates Technology savvy and building technical partner ecosystems w/ BD experience
- Build scalable and repeatable BD solutions and offerings
- Will collaborate with the SL/PDM teams for field enablement and GTM strategy.
- Develop a business score card clear quantitative metrics for the BD team
- Evangelize Splunk within developer and start-up communities
- Develop and lead ecosystem strategy across market groups and verticals
- Build cloud ecosystem strategy
- Lead offering with ecosystem partners
- Work cross functionally with all business units
- 10+ years of business development or strategic alliance experience.
- 10 + years of managing partner/channel teams at a enterprise software company, SaaS etc.
- Experience working for and with a wide array of technology vendors and leaders in the overall high technology market; applications, servers, storage, networking and XaaS companies
- Experience with IT Management products and services.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Track record of success: revenue generating partnerships.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth company.
- Someone who can both define strategy and drive execution of new business initiatives across the company
- Strong people management and team motivation capabilities and must be a forward and proactive leader that builds strong and cohesive teams
- Someone that has proven experience of being selective and focused on strategic alliances priorities with strong tracking KPIs (i.e.ROI based).
- Strategic alliances programs experience, knowledge and implementation track record.
- Strong complex project management skills and knowledge.
- Technical understanding of various IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services .
- Extensive recruitment, solution / joint offering definition, go-to-market.
- Ability to communicate, influence and work cross-functionally.
- Someone who can drive partnerships through to customer success.
- A self-starter who can get it done.
- M.S. / B.A. required, technical majors preferred, i.e. engineering, CS.
- B.A. a plus
- Location: Preferred SF Bay Area (offices in San Francisco and San Jose) but will consider other major cites in the U.S.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.