Customer Journey Strategist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to bring Data-to-Everything. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Customer Journey Strategist, you will be responsible for accelerating the Splunk customer journey. You will be responsible for designing the digital user guidance program for our customers with IT Use Cases, providing specific guidance to executives, users, and administrators. You are a subject matter expert on the challenges faced by IT departments. In this role, you will determine how to provide a digital helping hand to ensure all Splunk customers meet their business objectives. You will collaborate with Splunk experts to ensure there is content to help guide Splunk customers. You have a history of working as or with IT departments. Using your rich understanding of how IT solutions come together, you will translate customer business objectives into specific use cases. In this role, you will impact every single Splunk customer around the world.
The Customer Journey team, part of the larger Customer Success organization, provides guidance to customers along their journey with Splunk both through digital channels and through supporting field staff like Sales Engineers and Customer Success Managers. The team identifies the guidance needs of customers, engages Splunk experts through crowdsourcing to create journey and use case content, and distributes the right content, to the right person, at the right time. These efforts will ensure our customers succeed and support renewal and net retention goals.
Your unique combination of technical skills and business acumen allow you to chart a path for customers from their desired business outcomes to specific, actionable, technical use cases. You will engage with Splunk experts to infuse domain expertise into these journeys and associated content. Using your advanced customer empathy, you will gain a deep understanding of how customers operate and how they can achieve their goals with Splunk. You aren’t afraid to think outside the box and develop novel ways to meet goals.
A proven team player, you succeed because you are a technologist who understands customers better than anyone and takes ownership and pride in helping customers win. If you love collaborating across business functions; making the complex simple; thinking critically; appreciate a terrible pun; and want to be in a high-impact role of a mission-critical team, then this is the position for you.
- Serve as an expert in Splunk technologies and how they are used by IT departments
- Prioritize digital guidance needs based on customer feedback, business needs, and journey alignment
- Map customers’ desired business outcomes to actionable use cases
- Identify and develop deep understanding of customer personas across CS segments
- Decide ‘when’ and ‘how’ guidance will be transmitted to the customer to ensure a personalized customer journey
- Engage the Customer Journey Content Managers to ensure sufficient content to meet goals
- Gather feedback from customers on the efficacy of the customer journey content
- Partner with a diversity of stakeholders including Chief Technical Advisors, Market/Industry Strategists, Sales Engineering, and Marketing
- 8+ years of experience working in or with the IT/appdev industry (diversity of roles preferred)
- Worked in a advanced-level technical field facing role: Sales Engineer, Professional Services Consultant, Field Product Management
- Strong technical & solutions expertise -- you are able to take a business objective and translate it into concrete technical steps
- Experience working independently and owning initiatives with cross-functional stakeholders from start to finish
- A startup mindset and are comfortable with rapidly changing environments and expectations.
- 3+ years of Experience with an Enterprise software or SaaS company
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline
- Ability to travel <25%
- Experience as a Splunk Customer or Working with Splunk Customers
- Strong Executive understanding and empathy
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.