Full Stack Developer (REMOTE)
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively within a team to solve hard problems? Are you passionate about making customers successful? Like rolling up your sleeves and working with products across distributed environments? If you answered yes to these questions, then the Market Strategies and Technical Sales organization has the role for you!
As a Full Stack Developer, you work closely with the Market Strategy and Technical Sales organization as well as Product Management and Engineering teams to understand customer pain points, and design and build custom solutions to solve them.
The ideal candidate is fanatical about making customers successful, has a strong developer skill set, loves building and running distributed systems to solve business problems and deliver the experience for technical sellers to demonstrate value in Splunk’s portfolio across different infrastructure. This role is naturally fanatical about delivering the right tools and environment to demonstrate value across the Splunk portfolio.
- Work closely with members of the Market Strategies and Technical Sales, Product, and CloudOps teams to design and build solutions to solve demonstration problems
- Scope and design integrations, workflows, and services aligned with internal customer demonstration requirements
- Write cutting-edge frontend code using JS/HTML/CSS within client-side MVC frameworks, and backend code using Python and other scripting languages
- Work with demonstration program manager to offer guidance and technical feasibility of internal customer requests
- Act as a team technical liaison with other development teams (IT, Engineering, Cloud Ops, external) to improve Splunk demonstration framework over time while helping Splunk achieve its revenue goals and in product experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience installing, using and configuring a combination of Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, Splunk IT Service Intelligence, SignalFx Infrastructure Monitoring, SignalFx Microservices APM and/or VictorOps, or equivalent.
- Experience working and scripting within multiple operating systems, particularly Linux and Windows
- Experience with cyber security
- Experience working with Big Data platforms and tool sets such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Experience developing software for enterprise
- Experience with systems interoperability, integration and networking
- Knowledge of data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience,
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.