Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer - Python
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer - Python
Splunk is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open growing and community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
Are you passionate about working on products that makes a difference to our customer. Serving the customer is in our DNA and working directly with them is our core value. Do you value working in an environment where you are empowered to make technological decisions to make our customer lives better.
If staying technically challenged and working with customers excites you, we are looking for an exceptional highly motivated Python Developer with real passion for security to extend the capabilities of our premier platform. With a razor sharp focus on well tested, performant code, come help protect the world's networks.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, design and implement new features to reduce mean-time-to-resolution of security events
- Build external and internal facing APIs
- Collaborate with product management, QA, and release teams solving hard problems and improvements
- Work directly with engineers and product managers to influence the product requirements
- Keep product quality in mind and use tools and technologies to make engineering process efficient
- Expertise in Python programming is a must
- Proficiency with rest framework such as Django, Flask
- Good understanding of threading limitations, multi-process architecture, event driven programming, functions, improvements, classes, comprehensions, exceptions and problem solving in Python is a huge plus
- Experience in working DevOps Engineering environment with owning tests, CI/CD pipelines is valuable
- Take pride writing reusable, scalable, testable, and rapidly growing efficient code
- 8 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.