DevOps Release Engineer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about solving problems using data and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
The SignalFx product line which is a part of Splunk, is built on a highly distributed microservices based architecture that ingests, analyzes and stores billions of time-series metrics and events - all in real time. If you have an interest or passion for operating and managing infrastructure that powers large web-scale distributed systems, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for a DevOps Release Engineer to focus on the SignalFx & Splunk-APM product lines. The Dev Productivity team’s charter is to enable rapid releases with high quality. To that effect, the team works on designing, implementing and managing the CI/CD toolchain and processes. The team works on constantly pushing the buck on enabling shipping high quality code quickly.
- Strategize best ways to setup continuous deployment for micro services in multiple cloud environments.
- Develop deployment scripts and tools that work with standard CI/CD tools to support highly customized build and deployment environments.
- Design, implement and manage Jenkins build and continuous delivery pipelines using tools such as Docker, GitHub, Kubernetes and AWS tools, while following configuration as code practices.
- Provide build and development support for tools like Git, Maven, Make, Docker, etc.
- Maintain Release Process tools such as Jenkins, Gerrit, Archiva.
- Work closely with development & QA teams to address their concerns and requirements for the development, build and deployment process.
- Ensure code quality and health during a rapid development process by incorporating tools such as static code analysis, code coverage, unit testing, etc. into the development process without slowing people down.
- Partner with the Security team and ensure we abide by and follow Security best principles.
- Continually investigate new tools and practices that will help developer productivity.
- 5+ years of experience in build and release engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience with Git and/or CI platforms
- Understanding of Git and branching strategies
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in provisioning, operating, and managing large scale distributed application systems on AWS or Google Cloud.
- Basic Coding experience in one or more of Python and/or Bash.
- BA, BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.