Senior Analyst, Accounting Transformation (Remote)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company, and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Accounting Transformation Senior Analyst, RTR to support our Accounting organization. The role will help lead the organization to develop itself as a recognized leader developing financial transformational change within the Record to Report workstream that include developing actionable plans, recommendations that deliver optimal experience, reduce costs and promote efficiency and scale. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver with high performance candor, with the desire to influence the organization to new accounting initiatives delivering continuous improvement and growth.
- Identify and manage accounting projects centered around Record-to-Report (RTR) processes, that enable and enhance Finance business processes aimed at increasing efficiency, scalability, and automation.
- Lead and manage quality focused UAT test execution events, in alignment with UAT criteria, timeline, and resourcing constraints
- Drive informed decision making with business partners by contributing and influencing technical and operational accounting guidance on business models and decisions
- Develop, manage and execute project plans from business requirements, design, process flows, test plans, training, change management and post implementation activities including continuous support and stabilization
- Advise the business on subject matter pertinent to accounting and advocate for operational procedures that ensure SOX compliance and accurate financials with minimal touchpoints
- Drive and demonstrate measurable improvements through KPIs, OKRs or other measures
- Work cross functionally with multiple stakeholder teams (Accounting, Procurement, SOX, FP&A, IT, external service providers) to identify gaps or risk areas, and recommend roadmaps, operating models, and lead approved projects create end-to-end process recommendations
- Ensure the use of global systems and processes by partnering with process owners to provide training, support and documentation to relevant teams
- Work cross functionally to identify gaps or risk areas, and create end-to-end process recommendations.
- Support ad-hoc assignments as business requires
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA / CA Equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant leadership work experience in a multinational, high tech SAAS organization
- Excellent leadership skills with collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence and drive sound business decisions
- Experience with high growth organizations and its impact on processes and systems
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Strong program management and organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Ability and willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and delve deep into the processes
- SAP, Ariba, Concur a requirement
- Six Sigma certified is a plus
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.