Finance Manager, G&A
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using financial data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its dynamic finance team to boost Spunk’s fast-growing business. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, balance multiple priorities, and handle the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Reporting to the Director G&A, the Finance Manager G&A will build, manage and maintain an effective planning, reporting, and analysis process for these teams. You are an excel guru that will lead a team of analysts that will maintain functional spend models and forecasts and apply data analytics to understand core inputs to influence and shape strategy. Additionally, this individual will work directly with leaders to do annual planning, quarterly forecasting, and monthly close activities (e.g. verifying expenses, explaining variances, etc.), as well as provide strategic advice. This is a unique opportunity to become the FP&A lead in supporting executives and to take ownership of crucial operational processes and critical near term and long-term planning models.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will establish positive relationships with and become a key advisor to our respective leadership teams (our General Counsel, CFO, Head of People, etc.) allowing you to build a nuanced understanding of data inputs and outputs.
- Work closely with the HR, Strategy and Facilities leadership teams to drive short term and long-range workforce capacity planning at our 50+ locations
- Own and create the three-year expense and cash outflow model for Splunk tied to appropriate operational drivers (ARR per sales rep, regional profitability, peer benchmarks, etc)
- Consolidate $350M+ of G&A expenses and flag key risks and opportunities to Director, G&A for various forecast cycles
- You will roll up your sleeves and drive annual operating plans, quarterly, monthly, weekly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools
- Develop and monitor performance indicators/metrics, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Build, develop, and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Partner with the business to create return on investment analyses and assist in contract negotiations for major spend initiatives
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis
- Effectively supervise, develop and motivate at least one Senior Financial Analyst
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying finance concepts, practices and procedures. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to drive alignment on priorities with senior management
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. The highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.).
- Experience in sophisticated modeling (e.g., Cash Flow, Headcount, return on investment assessment, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Ability to work in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 8+ years of related experience, with 2+ years of people management experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. Anaplan, SAP, NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, G-Suite) a must. Workday experience is a plus.
- Experience and understanding finance operations and SaaS business model.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.