Security Receptionist - Contract
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is a dynamic and growing company. The receptionist is the front most facing role in the office and requires a positive and welcoming demeanor at all times. You will greet business visitors, business associates, and delivery persons throughout the day and provide support to the local Facilities Manager and Safety and Security team. Punctuality, excellent customer service and the ability to multitask are key traits for success in this role. Splunk is committed to promoting our shared values: Innovative, Passionate, Disruptive, Open and Fun!
- Developing a keen understanding of the Splunk product
- Planning with Recruiting Managers when potential employees visit Splunk
- Managing stationery supplies inventory
- Maintaining a clean appearance in the reception area and lobby
- Handling light shipping and receiving needs
- Supporting deliveries of office catering and updating the company Portal with weekly menus
- Managing company events and celebrations
- Supporting additional duties as assigned
- Stocking break room supplies
- Assisting with badge issue and badge deactivation
- Leading initiatives to help the office protect against a variety of natural and man-made threats
- Running the emergency response plan with floor wardens
- Collaborating with the Health and Safety Manager to assist in providing a safe environment within the office
- Monitoring activities of Person of Interest upon request
- Preventing, detecting and reporting criminal and quasi-criminal actions on or against Splunk
- You will liaise with law enforcement and other advisory bodies as necessary to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture
- You will provide leadership and direction in emergencies and coordinate emergency personnel in times of crisis, e.g. directing firefighters to the best way to get to the scene of the fire
- CPR/AED trained to aid until EMTs arrive in a medical emergency with training provided by Splunk
- Controlling access to Splunk, including monitoring entrance, escorting people & valuables, and inspecting bags
- Controlling Visitor Access – badge issue/collection, Splunk notification through the visitor management system
- You will control or restore order to the office during an emergency exercise or security incident
- Preventing work accidents by analyzing potential dangers, reporting safety hazards and following directions to minimize the risk posed to others
- Reporting all facility and security related incidents to Splunk’s Global Security Communication Center as soon as possible
- Camera monitoring as necessary but not continually
- Close coordination with Facility Manager and Security Management
- Conduct continual security/active threat/evacuation office reviews provided by Splunk
- Communicating observations about security gaps to the Safety and Security team
Schedule: Shift A-Days, Monday through Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Shift B-or as decided by the local office
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication and social skills
- Strong organization skills and calendar management
- Validated experience maintaining a calm, friendly and professional demeanor
- Capable of leading emergency response and security related activities
- BS/BA Degree recommended, preferably Business Administration
- Associate degree or advanced technical training preferred
- Prior customer service experience is necessary
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.