Area Vice President, Canada (Country Manager)
We are seeking an exceptional business leader to join our team as Area Vice President, Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a proven track record in building and leading high performing teams, developing and executing a Canadian market strategy that delivers sustainable hyper growth, and a culture that is admired and attracts top talent. Your role will have a material impact on Splunk’s overall performance, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing business and market where you will be challenged and grow.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers across all GTM and Corporate functions.
- Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire, lead, develop, and inspire the right team to match our growth potential, get involved with strategy, planning, and execution? The work you’ll do will directly impact our future and the how we are viewed in the market and by our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth. We believe in growing our leaders through ownership, new experiences, and formal and informal education.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading, and developing high performing teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- Manage, recruit and develop a team of first line leaders and partner closely with other functional teams.
- Lead by example, set expectations, and follow through effectively.
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Develop and execute a program for accelerating growth of the Canada business
- Consistently deliver against targets – ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned region.
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of the Country business plan to predictably and consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective of overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in target markets throughout the Country.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s leadership position.
- 10+ years’ experience building and running front-line sales teams; second-line management experience required, third line management experience preferred.
- Sales experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and data / analytics.
- Expertise in team selling with customer success, pre-sales, renewals, partners, and services.
- Ability to create and communicate business value through data, networking, app dev, and analytics technology.
- Drives adoption and lifetime value by aligning solutions to high priority customer initiatives, adoption, value realization, and ultimately high customer satisfaction
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a second line (or above) leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Established relationships with customers throughout Canada.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~50% (Post Covid)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.