Manager Product Security
We're looking for a Product Security manager to lead a hardworking team of product security engineers tasked with raising the security bar of Splunk through vulnerability discovery, disclosure and mitigation as we continue to innovate on our products. This role presents the challenge of building and running a team with high visibility throughout Splunk, and the opportunity to mentor and grow a group of highly skilled security engineers. As the leader of the team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that Splunk is aware of the risks across the products organization. You’ll be guiding the team to focus on the systems, services, and processes that protect Splunk’s most valuable resources, communicate with leadership, legal and software development teams.
You’ll be part of an organization focused on influencing security culture within Splunk with the ultimate goal of ensuring the continued security of our customers and their data. You will do this by organizing and leading the Secure SDLC, penetration testing, vulnerability management functions. The Product Security team has a broad scope and purview, all of which are focused on positively influencing the culture of security at Splunk.
As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in campaign design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter.
- Hire, mentor, coach direct reports, help them navigate challenges, and motivates them for their career development.
- Mentoring leading scrum teams containing individuals from multiple geographic areas.
- Setting goals and establishing priorities over near-to-medium term.
- Building processes that speed up the discovery and resolution of findings.
- Automation and integrating security in CI/CD pipeline is a top priority for us. A successful manager will nurture innovation, pen test development, and holding ourselves accountable for automation.
- Work closely with developers and architects on identifying security issues early in the development cycle.
- Work with other team leads from across the product organization on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths, and resolve dependencies.
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent work experience; MS Preferred
- 3+ years of vulnerability management, Secure SDLC or similar management experience.
- 8+ years of dynamic experience within a product security team in an Agile environment.
- Experience leading product security teams focused on Secure SDLC and vulnerability management for enterprise, web, and, mobile applications.
- Proven experience communicating risks to, and partnering with different levels of product organizations.
- Passionate about establishing good pen testing practices, new tools/technologies, and improving processes.
- Experience with on-premises and cloud technologies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key to working effectively with the team. Partnership skills required.
- Have experience leading distributed teams on multiple concurrent projects.
- Scrum master experience is highly valued.
- Experience contributing to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with compliance, privacy, legal, and customer support function
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.