Senior Solutions Architect, Salesforce (US Remote Available)
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Solution Architect, within the IT Business Applications group, you will play an important role in the success of the company's overall technology customer success strategy that directly impacts our $3B+ and growing business. You will be responsible for the overall architecture of our marketing, sales and customer success applications to meet a variety of complex business scenarios across the enterprise. This position will act as a trusted technology advisor to the Go-To-Market (GTM) and Customer Success (CS) leadership team.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work within timelines, balance various tasks simultaneously while contributing to the positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for influencing ideas throughout the company.
What you'll do:
- Take the lead in translating Splunk’s business goals into architectural designs; apply critical and creative thinking/approach to technology strategies that further business objectives while keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Define and support end-to-end business processes for Lead to Cash and Adopt to Renew capability.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to meet business needs and demands.
- Define and advise business partners on merger and acquisition strategies for GTM and CS processes and applications.
- Document as-is and to-be application solution architecture for a variety of scenarios to meet business requirements and scale the company.
- Participate in organization-wide project planning activities with project managers to advise on implementation strategies and cross-team dependencies.
- Partner closely with product owners and engineering managers to define roadmaps and sprint planning objectives to meet solution designs.
- Represent the IT organization as the domain expert for GTM and customer success technology and ensure alignment across partners.
- Collaborate with the broader architecture community, such as Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Enterprise Architects Council (EAC), to provide feedback on strategies and standards.
- Produce executive presentations and present simple solutions to complex problems to diverse stakeholders across the company.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of demonstrable architecture experience within IT environments.
- Broad and technical experience in hi-tech industry; Expertise in multiple technical topics or business domains (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Support, Finance, etc.) technology and architecture; experience leading large-scale transformation projects and implementations.
- Deep experience in complex system design within companies with different types of business and operating models (existing, new, emerging, and hybrid).
- Strong understanding and experience with implementing modern application solutions by executing programs at scale using Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and ability to apply them to new business designs and business models.
- Broad knowledge and experience in architecture domains, including business, application and data.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to build original concepts and hypotheses for a variety of projects.
- Excellent communication skills that translates business problems in technical solutions
- Ability to switch anytime from being a high-level strategy person to an “in the weeds” technical person.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman and/or TOGAF
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com’s Sales, CPQ and Service capabilities.
- Experience with data integration patterns and technologies.
Education: Got it!
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.