Business Analytics Manager (Remote)
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful operations and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for a Business Analytics Manager to join its dynamic Global Business Operations (GBO) team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. The GBO team ensures data driven decision-making and operations scaling throughout the company. As a member of the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses quantitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are an individual who wonders "What if?" And are relentless in seeking out the solution.
This individual will play a key role in how we “bring data to everything” with expertise and passion to help scale Splunk teams and the business across the globe. The individual's knowledge of data, will enable in providing impactful analysis to ensure our GBO organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data backed decisions.
Location: ALL LOCATIONS
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Work with business to define critical KPIs and metrics, to support cross-functional teams manage performance and create operational rigor
- Create processes and lead data team to build data visualization, as well as providing ongoing enhancements to existing business dashboards
- Overseeing all aspects of lifecycle - design, development and delivery by working with in-house development and IT organization
- Partnering with technical teams to build scalable data architecture to support reporting, visualization, dashboard and tools development
- Develop insights through reports, dashboards and advanced analytics and build narratives and strategic recommendations to support key decision-making
- Conduct in-depth analyses and build statistical models to identify trends and key drivers that inform important decisions across the business
- Building a roadmap and vision for Business Insights, data and related tools strategy
- You will manage a data analytics team
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience managing/leading teams, possibly analytics teams bringing data to decision making
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-scale systems and experience in coding
- Deep understanding of complex data models, BI methodologies, Data Architecture principals, Master data and metadata
- Understanding of operational processes, systems and data in multiple areas of Sales & operations; Forecasting, Pipeline management, Account management, Sales performance etc.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. Thrive in a fast paced environment and am independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong business and product judgment, and an ability to work well across teams
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills
- Comfortable handling sometimes ambiguously-defined problems, developing creative solutions and delivering against aggressive timelines
Education: Got it!
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience in analytical roles
- B. S. or M.S. in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, and Computer Science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.