Business Development Representative
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are ushering the Data Age and we are passionate about our product and delivering the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Are you passionate about new technologies, and looking to develop your sales career in a fast-growing, dynamic organisation? We are seeking exceptional early career sales folks to join our team and help us bring Splunk to the next level. In this newly established role, you will assist our sales team to break into businesses that have never used Splunk. You will play a pivotal role in finding opportunities in greenfield accounts, and building customer interest. As part of our Demand Generation team, you will actively and energetically target and qualify prospective customers.
What will I do?
- Be the engine that drives, builds and develops pipeline, new logos and growth through high outbound demand/ pipeline generation activity.
- Identify business pains, objectives, and related impacts on a prospect's organisation. You will hold business conversations that follow Splunk’s sales methodology with a variety of contact types (including senior/board level) and you will establish appropriate, agreed next actions.
- Articulate Splunk's proposition and the advantages a prospect will gain by linking the as benefits to their business challenges.
- Generate leads by prospecting and cold calling build qualified sales opportunities for sales reps.
- Prioritise strategic account lists within a defined territory and build and grow active pool and pipeline.
- Attend field marketing events as a Splunk Representative!
- Meet and exceed assigned metrics, maintain input activity (call volumes) and achieve monthly key performance indicators.
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion.
- Update activity and pipeline on Salesforce.com.
What you bring:
- Experience of cold calling and hunting into greenfield accounts/businesses.
- Success in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business.
- Experience in booking qualified sales appointments and owning, growing and leading the appointment process.
- A good command of account profiling and a demonstrated ability to navigate key contacts and identify account intelligence.
- Software sales and Enterprise prospecting experience a plus.
- Experience of talking about enterprise IT solutions to decision makers (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance) is advantageous.
- Excellent communication, written and analytical skills.
- Strong motivation to grown, learn and adapt and passionate about new technologies.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.