Sales Engineer Intern - Public Sector
Want to help make an IMPACT on our government agency's missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
Location: This position is based in our McLean, VA office
Title: Sales Engineer Intern
Do you want to make an impact and help change the world? As a Splunk Field Engineer Intern, you’ll be a technical resource for the Field Engineering Customer team. This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will gain hands-on experience on how to help drive and run the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, work alongside the Field Engineering team and experience firsthand how our Field and Sales teams act as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. You will help identify various technical issues that many of our customers encounter and help nurture complete customer happiness through all stages of the sales process.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Splunk Field Engineering Interns will learn Splunk technology, features, solutions, and applications.
- You will work with Splunk Sales engineers to support Splunk product evaluations for customers.
- You will help identify and resolve technical issues at customer accounts and ensure overall customer happiness.
- You will be actively participating in various aspects of the technical sales process at the direction of your manager and the sales team.
- You will learn to become a Splunk advocate who can clearly articulate Splunk’s value to customers and partners.
- You will answer technical questions from customers in an accurate and expedient manner, and help to call out issues or questions that need further attention to your sales team and/or Splunk technical support.
- You will learn to demonstrate Splunk software to customers and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
- You may occasionally travel to visit customers, and to engage in local onsite customer work at times.
- You need to be organized and analytical, and be creative and adaptive in your approach to problem-solving.
- You should possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
Requirements: I’ve already done that!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python,
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies is desirable.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is desirable.
- Expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable.
- Located in Washington, DC area
Education: Got it!
- Pursing a BS degree program in computer science, engineering or a related concentration.
- MUST be a 3rd or 4th-year student (Junior or Senior)
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.