Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's in-house tax team is looking for a Tax Analyst to join our growing team of tax professionals. Made up of perceptive and collective Splunkers, you will have the opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge in different areas of corporate taxation. You will collaborate across the finance organization and help in building and maintaining relationships across functions of the organization. You will report to our Senior Tax Manager, and will assist the team in a wide range of tax-related projects. We want you if you are able to work independently or in a team environment with little supervision. This position offers ability to learn, develop and grow your career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public company.
- You will work on preparing workpapers for US federal and state income tax returns, transaction tax returns & reconciliations
- You will help with tax audits in various jurisdictions and respond to notices from tax authorities and audits
- You will assist with direct tax and indirect tax filings in different foreign jurisdictions, and correspond with outside providers
- You will assist with various projects, and will also help research tax issues as needed
- You will help contribute to the design and implementation of ongoing systems improvements and automated tools critical to future growth of the tax department
Requirements and Preferences:
- 2+ years of related public accounting or corporate tax experience
- Experience with the preparation of U.S. federal and state income tax return work papers
- Working knowledge of transaction tax (sales/use, VAT, gross receipts, and property tax)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a get-it-done attitude
- Creative in solutions while always ensuring compliance
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.