Director of Operations
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Director of Cloud Operations Programs to support the strategic direction of Splunk Cloud Operations, driving the operational delivery and service quality to Splunk’s Cloud Services. As a strategic leader, in this role you will have direct responsibility for both Problem and Change management organizations. The breadth of Splunk Could Operations responsibility touches all aspects of Splunk Cloud, partnering with Support, Engineering and Product organizations to deliver world class services. Key to your success is blending business insight with the vision to deliver programs that optimize the hyper-growth nature of Splunk while delivering the quality of cloud services our customers deserve.
- Lead all forward looking operations programs, including Problem and Change management programs for Splunk Cloud
- Partner with engineering leadership, sales, support and product management to solve systemic issues with people, process and technology
- Drive the organizational strategy for services Problem Management
- Drive the organizational strategy for federated Change Management in is services / distributed systems environment
- Recruit, hire, and manage a high-performing staff of Program, Change and Problem Managers
- Partner cross-functionally with key business stakeholders to influence and ensure alignment and support for Cloud Operations mandate
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring including professional and personal development for team members.
- Some travel required for work with the leadership team, possibly for customer briefings, planning and other activities
- 10+ years of operations program management leadership and management experience in multi-disciplinary environments
- Demonstrable experience managing large scale projects across organizational boundaries
- Experience with distributed systems or services preferred
- Strategic, but also detail-oriented and hands-on
- Demonstrable track record as an influential leader
- Ability to evolve Operations Programs strategy based on research, data, business direction, and industry trends
- Experience managing geographically diverse workforce
- Use a data driven approach to report on services posture and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.