Senior Product Manager, Infrastructure as a Service (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are not only passionate about our product, but also seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success.
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and experienced Product Manager with experience working in companies of varying sizes in a high-tempo, dynamic environment. In the role of Product Manager for the IT Infrastructure and CI/CD teams, you'll work on building integration and delivery platforms and infrastructure products/services. We iteratively build products based on data, hypotheses, and customer outcomes, not on our opinions or our seniority. We want you to contribute in the same way.
- Define, deliver and optimize roadmaps against data driven goals to meet product objectives
- Define clear product outcomes that are anchored by measurable key results.
- You'll be the liaison between scrum master, developer/tester partners, and cultivate tact and respectful communication across these groups. You will assist in Scrum related activities, including sprints and client demos.
- Knowledge of leading multiple projects, work streams, and Kanban boards in Jira.
- You have a practical understanding of good experimental design and statistical concepts related to hypothesis testing.
- You are a self-starter with experience leading matrix teams through influence rather than authority.
- You function within Agile principles.
- You will demonstrate strong familiarity with and aptitude for cloud computing principles and services available across public cloud providers and data centers.
- You possess an acute sense of urgency and are able to resolve project issues and roadblocks throughout the analytics lifecycle. You'll accomplish this by working with all cross-functional partners as necessary. You'll develop relationships with business partners.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, or equivalent experience and typically 10+ years' total work experience.
- 7+ years of consumer or enterprise internet software product management experience, with at least 3 in the CI/CD and Infrastructure space.
- Validated ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- Communicating resolution and/or critical issue of pertinent project issues, along with ongoing regular updates to manager level and executive level is required.
- Demonstrable ability to understand code for automation, data analysis, or prototyping product features.
- Technical understanding of infrastructure technologies such as compute, storage containers, serverless and networking.
- Independently author well-written technical and functional feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline concepts, advanced deployments, and testing methodologies
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Confirmed leadership skills.
- Confirmed ability to make data-driven business decisions
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.