Technical Curriculum Developer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
At Splunk we know that effective education is key to our continued success. We are looking for a talented individual with curriculum development experience for a highly technical audience.
The Technical Curriculum Developer will understand highly advanced technical subjects and can develop materials and labs that are concise, accurate and task-based.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility and a sense of humor are also highly valued here.
- Designs and develops technical course content and lab exercises
- Consults with subject matter experts to determine objectives and gathers information used in the development of courses
- Uses subject matter expert time efficiently
- Communicates cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, and instructors
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet the learning and performance objectives
- Develops hands-on labs and grading applications, and creates / maintains lab server environments
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Exceptional problem solver, negotiator, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Strong technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing technical courseware and building lab environments
- 3+ years of experience with Linux OS and Linux command line
- 3+ years of experience with AWS EC2 or similar cloud computing platform
- 3+ years of experience with distributed software systems environments / deployments
- 3+ years of experience applying instructional design techniques and adult learning theory
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues
- Strong analytical skills, ability to build viable solutions, innovation, and ability to execute flawlessly
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.