Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk is looking for a strong Revenue Analyst to join our high-impacting Revenue Operations Team on our path to $5 Billion. You will play a critical role with our end to end revenue cycle, including monthly and quarterly revenue closes and other revenue related tasks/projects. You will also work cross-functionally with our Order Management, Billing, Sales, Business Applications and Finance teams. Ideally you are an excellent teammate who is hands on, highly detail oriented and process driven, a critical and creative thinker that can jump into the details while being able to see the bigger picture.
- Prepare monthly revenue close and reporting tasks, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and revenue reconciliations
- You will participate in quarterly and annual audits; including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility
- Perform monthly close procedures including backend controls to ensure accuracy of revenue and related balance sheet accounts
- Assist and Perform ad-hoc/special projects and analysis as needed
- Contribute to process and system improvements in the revenue cycle, including ERP system enhancements and departmental projects as needed
- Perform quarterly analyses of stand-alone selling prices for existing and new products
- Perform analyses of revenue allocations
- Review contracts such as order documents and licensing agreements for compliance with revenue recognition guidelines, ASC 606, document the appropriate revenue treatment
- BS/BS in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience in revenue
- Knowledge of ASC 606 principles, and a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have the ability to work independently and have the willingness to tackle challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, peers, and cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding and use of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a Big Four a plus
- Experience with financial systems a plus; SAP, RevPro, FinancialForce
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.