Employment & Compliance Counsel EMEA
Employment & Compliance Counsel EMEA
Join Splunk’s legal team and have the opportunity to make an immediate contribution to the company’s continuing growth and success! This lawyer will primarily support the company’s Human resources function in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The primary focus of this role will be employment matters. In this role you will advise on employee relations issues across EMEA, conduct and advise on international investigations, and create and improve policies and processes. There will also be some compliance support.
We are seeking a motived, smart, team player who will partner closely with Human Resources and the business across Splunk.
This lawyer will report to Splunk’s Director Employment, Compliance & Corporate in London.
Location: This position will be based in [Paddington, London, UK]
Highly collaborative with a strong desire to make a meaningful impact. Flexible, creative, and self-motivated – shows initiative, resilient, a strong work ethic with a sense of humour. Demonstrated business sense and legal judgement. Ability to solve problems creatively and successfully. The successful candidate will have strong speaking, writing, problem solving and analytical skills; organisational skills; an ability to work pro-actively in an extremely fast moving and high growth environment.
- Provide day-to-day proactive employment advice, assistance and counselling throughout EMEA.
- Build strong internal and external relationships.
- Assist with successful management of the employee lifecycle – from hiring, performance management, employee relations issues, grievances and terminations.
- Support and provide guidance on investigations.
- Support Splunk’s works councils and employee representative bodies.
- Assist with creating and continuously improving Splunk’s global employment library including EMEA employment agreements, termination/severance agreements, handbooks and related documents.
- Provide legal training
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues in the US and EMEA, creating strong relationships between Legal, Human Resources, Finance, Stock Administration, IT, Operations, and Facilities to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Support various compliance program initiatives.
- Coordinate and support litigation and resolution of other disputes arising in EMEA in conjunction with Litigation Counsel.
- Assist with Conflict of Interest Clearance requests
- Assist with Partner Due Diligence, working closely with the Compliance Manager.
- Support various global training initiatives.
- Minimum of two years of experience (more welcomed!) focused on employment law in EMEA. Compliance experience is preferred but not required. Hands-on experience of employment law matters in a number of EMEA jurisdictions strongly preferred. Experience managing multi-jurisdictional projects strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable in a very fast paced environment, handling multiple projects and issues in parallel.
- A combination of both in-house and law firm practice experience in EMEA preferred but not required.
- Must be willing to jump on board a fast-paced rollercoaster!
The successful candidate will have top academic credentials and will be a qualified EU lawyer, with current bar admission or equivalent.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.