People Analytics Specialist, Diversity & Inclusion (SF Bay Area)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to bring data to every question, action and decision. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is investing in Diversity & Inclusion Analyst to produce key diversity and people metrics and workforce analyses. A solid background in business intelligence and the technical capability to configure software is required. This is a dynamic role where you will be providing critical business information to the Head of Diversity & Inclusion, to the People and functional leaders across Splunk to help to ensure that the company is meeting its diversity and inclusion objectives. This role is unique as this will be a first hire to focus exclusively on reporting and analytics, expanding the use cases using our analytics tools like Workday, Tableau and People Insights with an intention to drive demonstrable improvement in the workforce insights delivered to our leaders.
You will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk with the primary objective of enabling leadership to make effective, data driven, and strategic operating decisions. You are highly data driven, technically astute, a solid communicator, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision. This is a full-time position based in either our San Francisco or San Jose office or for now working from home.
Reporting and Analytics
- Provide reporting and analysis to the Splunk D&I team and other stakeholders including monthly dashboards, compliance reporting, analysis related to talent acquisition, attrition, diversity, and D&I operational metrics to help drive business decisions and identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and deliver key reporting and analytical support for the D&I organization and people managers, particularly focused on creating robust self-service reporting capability and manager dashboards in WorkDay
- You will partner with Talent Acquisition, PeopleIS, People Business Partners, Finance and others to identify report anomalies and research multiple data sources to identify cause and correction
- Own key functional projects including planning, building and ongoing maintenance
- You will keep track of key D&I performance metrics
- Provide training on self-service capability for the People team and Managers
- Outstanding reporting skills to establish trends in various parts of the business
- You have excellent communication skills, specifically in working with end users to define their reporting & analytics needs
- Partner with the Enterprise Data Management and SplunkonSplunk teams to build out the people analytics strategy, define the architecture, and identify ways in which D&I will use Splunk
- Build out a knowledge base by documenting data sources, methodologies and approaches
- Minimum of 8 years in a quantitative or analytics role
- Collect and use data to inform decision-making and persuade others. Works optimally in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to build this capability, which requires comfort with toggling between managing basic reporting needs while also building a foundation which allows Splunk D&I to automate and deliver self-service tools and dashboards to allow for more sophisticated analyses
- Experience with data analytics using SQL, Business Intelligence and Visualization tools such as Visier or Tableau
- Familiarity with deploying and supporting BI production environments
- Specific experience with the Workday reporting and Prism analytics tools a plus
- Expertise in statistical analysis (regression, correlation, scenario analysis, forecasting, and experimentation (A/B) testing
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business and D&I. High energy and contagious enthusiasm
- Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to speak and communicate clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience (Preferred: degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Organization Psychology, Engineering).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.