Engineering Manager, Software Engineer in Test
Engineering Manager (Software Engineer in Test)
Splunk is seeking a QA Engineering Manager to help lead, design, coach and build an efficient, productive and fun organization. You will be challenged with consistently delivering high quality features for Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud in an agile release cycle. You will have to create new novel solutions to certify features that use customer use cases. Most importantly, you will build a collaborative team that will constantly seek to raise the bar and train new generations of engineers to face tomorrow's challenges.
- Release Excellence. You hold the teams accountable to a high-quality bar and strive to be the industry leader. You consider every issue found by our customers to be a big deal and a growth opportunity for the team. Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases
- Drive for Automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Innovation. You will invent creative new solutions to test features and functionality where there are no standard quality practices.
- Foster growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier software developer in test.
- Passion. You passionate about motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- 6+ years’ experience of test design, planning and hands on resolving the test automation
- 6+ years’ experience testing end to end customer use cases
- Experience testing frameworks and SDKs
- Experience in different testing phases for a release cadence
- Experience in shipping releases over 3 to 6 months
- 6+ years’ experience in CI-CD and Jenkins
- Experience dealing with Support, Sustaining and Customer Escalations
- Have strong communication skills.
Nice to have:
Splunk Power or Admin Certification
AWS or GCP Cloud Certification
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.