Principal TechOps Engineer
You will set up, manage, maintain and solve Splunk’s SaaS customer facing systems, Splunk Cloud. This position is an opportunity to join the team that is responsible for Cloud’s operational infrastructure and delivery. Amazon’s EC2 is the platform and this will manage deployments and providing multi-site HA strategies predicated on such an environment.
- Manage Amazon server/storage deployments including release process, backup/restore, HA/DR.
- Improve the monitoring environment using Splunk, Nagios and SignalFX.
- Build or enhance automation processes to improve operational efficiencies.
- Develop scripts and tools in Python, Shell, Golang or similar to supervise system stability and performance and ensure system availability, reliability, and usability.
- Perform end-to-end administration of virtual Amazon infrastructure, focusing on Linux based systems.
- Solve and take ownership of complex problems and resolve high impacting operational issues.
- Work with Puppet and Terraform for automated deployment capability, along with Gitlab source code management.
- Work across the organization to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's hardworking users.
- Lead groups of tight-knit, intelligent engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing.
- Mentor and help new engineers to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Extensive experience as a Linux system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Understanding of search processing language (SPL)
- Splunk administration and architecture design experience
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience managing AWS and EC2. Exposure to GCP would be conducive
- Experience supporting customer facing multi-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services
- Experience with Python, Golang, Shell, and open source based systems
- Bachelors Degree or comparable work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.