Director Product Management - Core Security Services
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are building the next generation micros-services based Cloud-native Data Platform - the very foundation on which all Splunk products will run. As a Director of Product Management at Splunk, you will help to evolve, refine and build the Core Security Services for the Splunk cloud platform: this involves end-to-end identity, authentication and authorization for all users and services across all Splunk products.
- Drive the product vision and strategy for Identity and Access Control for the Splunk Cloud platform. You will be focusing on an area that is absolutely critical for ensuring high security and compliance standards for Splunk.
- You will need to think about the dependencies across the entire Splunk product portfolio, the needs and pain points of a wide range of users across DevOps, security teams, ITOps and BizOps that need to access the Splunk Data platform and use the inputs to formulate a seamless user experience for authentication and authorization, while still keeping the architecture flexible.
- Understand the needs of the applications that run on the platform, customer and user needs in-depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly; and work with distributed engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap, and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction.
- Collaborate with engineering, other PMs, product marketing, support, and the sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Must have managed a team of Product Managers
- Cloud experience is a MUST (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or startup)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- 5-10 years of experience in product management or technical product management role in a Cloud based B2B product
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. Or equivalent practical experience.
- Background in security; bonus if those were cloud based identity and access control systems
- MBA from top-tier program. Or equivalent practical experience.
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies and/or continuous delivery of software
If you’d like to join one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech companies in Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.