Commercial Account Manager - Public Sector UK
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help us change the way companies make business decisions? If your answer is "yes" we have a home for you at Splunk. As a Commercial Account Manager, you will grow a geo-based territory business with both net new accounts and existing customers. You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, sell and close accounts for Splunk's award-winning software into your geographic territory. You have a strong background of successfully selling software and services, and building advantageous, positive relationships with customers.
You will meet/exceed assigned revenue goals working with Teams of Systems Engineers, Business Development, Channel, Field Marketing and other members of your Splunk ecosystem. You will follow up on leads, perform deep discovery, use product demos for qualified customers and lead the technical validation process. You know how to work "smarter" not harder and share your standard methodologies and successes with the team. In addition, you will also successfully:
- Be responsible for the business by building and developing account relationships through personalized contact, understanding of account’s needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Leading and Running sales campaigns and motions that build customer value and enable Multi-Year, Multi-Solution transactions.
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments and consistently deliver against that forecast
- Support Channel Partners in crafting net new opportunities and existing customer accounts.
- Previous experience in selling enterprise IT software solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, enterprise applications, risk management software or networking performance)
- Successful experience running the entire sales cycle from start to finish and experience being responsible for your own quota
- Strong reputation of exceeding sales quota (you are in the top 10%-20% on your sales team/organization)
- You have successfully owned and led the sales process (this is not an overlay or team quota)
- Consultative sales experience and relevant companies/businesses to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering opportunities with net new and existing accounts, via prospecting and hunting processes and activities
- Consistent track record of using a repeatable sales process for successful deal closing
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent verbal, communication and social skills
- A rational, logical and analytical thinker
- You have shown strong technical aptitude and passionate about technology sales.
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Excellent listening skills with the attested ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a giving member of a team
- Willingness and desire to learn new things and ways to be more efficient and effective
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Commute daily to our Splunk office (not a remote position)
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.