Senior Sales Engineer
Are you ready for your next challenge and are you ready to help us change the world? Come to Splunk! As a Splunk Sales Engineer (SE), you’ll be the primary technical resource for the Field Sales team for China area. For this opportunity you'll use your technical and leadership expertise and help grow our customer base.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Challenge customers in how they are thinking about their problems
- Challenge Splunk in how we serve our customers
- Enlighten and provide insight as to how Splunk can transform customer operations
- Guide customers to where they realize that Splunk is the only solution
- Identify and build Splunk champions within your customers
- Commit to your customers’ success
- Celebrate your customer’s success (You’ll be doing a lot of this)
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Understand which word is in every bullet above. Figure that out and you will understand your mission at Splunk.
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers
- Demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
- Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it
- Love technology, but more importantly love articulating the value of technology
- Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
- Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
- Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
- Possess the conviction regarding the value of Splunk
- Will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology
- Applied knowledge of hardware, networking, operating systems, applications, software languages, etc.
- High level knowledge of open source Big Data and Machine Learning: Hadoop, Kafka, ELK and etc.
- Experience in IT Operations, Security, Business Analytics, IoT, Cloud, SIEM, DevOps, and Application Delivery would be a plus
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is a must
- Working knowledge of Python, JAVA, Shell or Powershell Scripts, Regular Expression, Linux and Windows OS
- Willing to travel as need to visit prospects and customers, and to engage onsite customer work when required
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Relevant certification in subject domain is desirable e.g. CISSP, AWS Certifications
- At least 5 years pre-sales experience
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.