Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can join our journey.
I want to do that!
This Director for Engineering will lead critical services within our Data Processing umbrella. Success will be measured by your ability to build and lead your team as part of our overall engineering strategy. You will seamlessly integrate within our deeply innovative culture and contribute to our excellent record for delivering market leading solutions. You are a seasoned leader with a demonstrated history building and leading both established and emerging engineering talent, while encouraging an environment of inclusion, creativity, and innovation.
Our Data Processing team is a dynamic technology group with a mission to be the primary data processing path for any type of data transformation and routing activity in near real-time. If you possess a passion for extraordinary technology leadership and embrace the challenge of working at the frontier of what is possible in the industry today, then this position is for you. We are building state-of-the art capabilities, real-time messaging and streaming systems, support tools, and automation instrumentation that will greatly impact how our customers successfully use data to improve their businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies.
Want this job?
We are looking for a proven, seasoned engineering leader to lead streaming capabilities for the Data Processing team. You will build and lead an elite team of engineers who will be working on our streaming platform that will power the next generation of Splunk and enable ever deeper customer insights. You are a force multiplier who looks for ways to gain efficiencies for greater impact. You will influence the technical strategy and the roadmap to best serve our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and grow a new team within the Data Processing Engineering organization, focused on making our industry leading technology even more valuable to our customers.
- Be an advocate of scalable and extensible, recoverable, manageable architecture for Core products and services.
- Work with senior leadership on business goals, resource requirements and influence technical strategy
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor for senior managers, managers and engineers.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with 15+ years of industry experience, of which 10+ years is in Engineering Management.
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple managers/teams on working on solutions to deeply challenging problems in processing data at massive scale.
- Experience hiring and cultivating teams.
- Experience developing new products, either in small companies or within the context of larger organizations. A mix of start-up and bigger company experience is a plus.
- Experience working within geographically distributed organizations.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Consistent track record of delivering scalable, high performance, and high quality software systems.
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends for enterprise-scale, distributed systems.
- Strong technical acumen, creativity, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.