Detection and Monitoring Operations Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
The Splunk Detection and Monitoring Operations (D&MO) Analyst is responsible for the 24x7 monitoring, operations and response to cyber security threats. You will have a fundamental understanding of Information Security principles and disciplines coupled with excellent communications skills and a continuous desire to learn and grow. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
What you will do:
- Monitor, research, assess and analyse all notable security events from a variety of technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cloud services, endpoint security and operating system events
- Create and follow appropriate pre-defined procedures to further investigate security events and handle escalations
- Work with the Product Security, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Cyber Threat Intelligence teams to implement custom detection of new and emerging threats
- Participate in routine compliance and control monitoring and assist in creation of new monitoring capabilities as controls evolve
- Handle daily tasks, ad-hoc assignments and lead small projects as needed
- Maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and monthly metrics
- Lead digitization efforts to automate routine playbooks and always be on the lookout for opportunities for automation
- Participate as a member of the SplunkCIRT during major incidents and lend contributions to post-Incident review and continuous improvement
What you will have;
- 1-3 years of experience as a Security Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Network and Security related technology knowledge including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and endpoint security tools; TCP/IP protocols, network analysis, and the OSI framework; endpoint and server systems administration; and Cloud technologies
- An understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Willingness and desire to think outside of the box for creative solutions to problems with the moxie to follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related discipline is required or equivalent practical work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.