AWS, Global Partner Development Manager (San Francisco or Seattle)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: (Based out of San Francisco /San Jose or Seattle)
This is a individual contributor role
Are you passionate about exploring new business models and building “elite” strategic partnerships? Splunk is looking for an experienced leader, who is inventive and creative, to help take Splunk’s strategic partnership with AWS to the next level. You will possess deep expertise in the world of partnerships, practical knowledge working with AWS, and you have deep knowledge of the software and cloud solutions. You know how to think strategically about creating different business models, solution selling and multi-channel sales motions to help Splunk build a compelling GTM strategy that delivers value to our customers, prospects, and our partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing the global GTM strategy and execution plans for Splunk’s partnership with AWS. Success will depend on your ability to balance strategic-thinking with methodical execution; build effective and enduring relationships; drive highly cross-functional processes; and blend product and industry expertise with pragmatic considerations to focus on tangible outcomes.
- Work closely with the AWS Business Development lead and align with the all-up alliance strategy for the AWS partnership.
- Build and run Splunk’s GTM partnership strategy with AWS: strategy development, engagement plans, execution plan and alignment of go-to-market functions.
- Engage with Splunk + AWS Sales Executives to successfully launch offerings through co-selling motions, driving business growth for Splunk, AWS and our SI/MSP/Channel partners.
- Conduct day-to-day program management and play a “quarterback” role to lead the go-to-market holistically and drive consistency across the regions. It is critical that this role drives programmatic engagement through cross-functional prioritization and by operationalizing key processes to hit our shared metrics and goals with AWS.
- Expand Executive relationships across AWS’ Sales organization
- Coordinate go-to-market execution with regional Partner Sales teams, and continuously manage alliance performance metrics and outcomes.
- Working with Partner Marketing, develop AWS/Splunk collateral and resources that can be used for both internal/sales enablement as well as for end-customers
- Support AWS/Splunk regional events including AWS Summits, SplunkLive, Technical Symposiums, SKO’s, etc., and how each will be optimized globally
- Define how AWS and Splunk programs including Splunk Partner Plus, AWS Marketplace and AWS APN programs
- Make actionable recommendations and quickly build consensus across senior level Partner Executives
- Recent and detailed working knowledge of AWS
- 15+ years of experience within Software and/or SaaS companies running Global Alliance Partnerships. Experience leading AWS is preferred. Experience working with SI firms, including shown success developing, negotiating and signing revenue-generating deals is a plus.
- Experience driving alliance partner relationships across a range of business activities (engineering/product alignment, joint solution development, marketing, training/certification, and sales engagement)
- Strong executive presence, including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences.
- Extensive experience running virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically and creatively about business problems. Ability to work towards business outcomes dedicatedly and collaboratively. Does not shy away from executing the strategy “hands on”.
- Embrace change and contribute to the overall success of Splunk
- Already located in the Seattle or SF Bay Area area preferred but will consider folks on the West Coast)
- Travel 25% up to 50% (we are only able to consider those already located in the SF Bay Area /Seattle area)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.