Collaboration Engineer (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's Collaboration Team is seeking a Systems Engineer for Collaboration Tools who will be assisting in building apps, automation and integrations for use across the business.
You are comfortable supporting multiple collaboration and productivity tools and services including but not limited to Google Workspace, Slack, Jira, and document management services for a fast growing technology firm, working with internal partners from across the company, as well as external vendor partners. You are prepared to assist the team to help set standards, develop policies and procedures for its use, and monitor its success in the business. Automating business processes where possible is an essential part of the role.
You will assist with the technical design of the environment, as well as ongoing architecture changes and maintenance. You will continuously work with the security team to monitor and improve our security posture for services offered by the company. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization with a bright future. Previous experience in rapidly scaling companies is a plus.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You will work with the team to define basic standards and help define governance model for Collaboration and Productivity Tools and Document management systems
- You will build integrations and workflows using tools as necessary for maximum automation and scalability
- You will work with Splunk's Identity Management Team for account lifecycle and security policy management
- You will bring to bear your ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- You will balance user experience with security requirements
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+years experience in engineering and supporting SaaS apps in the collaboration umbrella like G Suite, Slack, etc
- Practical knowledge of security standards for content management, data protection and compliance, identity management, and related tools
- Strong programming/scripting skills with C#/Java/Python/Powershell or similar is a must have
- Demonstrated experience in documenting processes
- Familiarity with RPA tools is nice to have
- Experience integrating different collaboration services via REST APIs and other industry standard integration mechanisms is required
- An ability to thrive in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productiveness while solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with team members, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals and objectives, and to identify and resolve problems
- Successful track record in working on multi-functional, cross-team projects
- Basic scripting knowledge for automation of processes
What we offer you: Wow, I want that!
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open,fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.