Director, Product & Technology Finance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. This highly visible position will be passionate about strategic and functional planning and analysis support within our Product and Technology organization.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Senior Director, the Product and Technology Director will build and maintain an effective planning, reporting, and analysis process. You will maintain business unit models and forecasts, and work directly in preparing presentations for executive staff. Additionally, this individual will work directly with leaders to do annual planning, quarterly forecasting, and monthly close activities (e.g. verifying expenses, explaining variances, etc.), as well as provide strategic advice. This is a unique opportunity to become the FP&A lead in supporting executives and to take ownership of crucial and operational processes.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will establish positive relationships with and become a key advisor to the CTO, SVP of Cloud and Chief Product Officer, SVP of Engineering and their respective teams.
- You will roll up your sleeves and assist in developing annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast
- You will develop and/or enhance policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the financial planning & analysis function and organization
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics.
- Collaborate with leaders in our product organization to craft new business models, define monetization strategies for new offerings, and optimize pricing and packaging for existing products.
- You will provide counsel on financial matters that focus on expense control and profitability of the business. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions and strategic implications.
- You will collaborate and coordinate with cross functional departments to ensure smooth and timely execution.
- Effectively supervise, develop and motivate a team of 2.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. NetSuite, Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Experience building and leading high performing teams.
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS business model.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in a leadership role within a Finance organization
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.