Senior Security Engineer (US Remote Available)
We have a disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. Our engineers are passionate about our products and our customers demand more of it. At Splunk, we’re committed to our people, customers and having fun at work! Splunk is an industry leader in the “Data to Everything” platform and is well-positioned to extend the lead with our bold new vision.
About The Role
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Security Engineering within the Splunk Global Security (SGS) organization to join a hardworking team of security engineers. As a member of the Security Engineering team, you will be responsible for crafting, developing and deploying tools and solutions to improve Splunk’s security posture. You will have an opportunity to use your entire range of skills and collaborate alongside a number of teams within Splunk Security ranging from SOC, Incident Response (IR) and Forensic, Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) and Cybersecurity Risk.
- Design, code, build and maintain standalone tools on Cloud infrastructure for all SGS employees to use.
- Build solutions to solve security problems in our Corporate and Cloud environments.
- Report on possible threats, security issues or vulnerabilities
- Work with internal and external auditor teams to meet and exceed requirements.
- Operationalize, Monitor, and Test Security tools across Splunk environments
- An experienced engineer with 5+ years of software or security engineering experience and a proficiency and desire to learn.
- Experience in some or all of these fields: application security, vulnerability management, incident response and forensics, cloud computing, and/or security automation.
- Basic coding skills such as python, java, or other scripting languages.
- Understanding of security controls, their purpose, and value they bring in improving Security
- Experience with cloud technologies (such as AWS and GCP)
- Good design skills and efficient solutions to problems balancing scope, performance and other trade-offs.
- Experience with compliance frameworks like SOC2, PCI and/or FedRAMP are a bonus.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM are plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.