Senior Renewal Sales Representative
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and delivering the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we are passionate, open, innovative, disruptive, fun and absolutely committed to delivering value to our customers.
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
We are currently hiring a Senior Renewal Sales Representative for our team in Melbourne. In this role, you will work a range of stakeholders internally and externally to drive cloud renewals and forecast renewal risk. You will also work in partnership with our customer success and field sales teams on territory accounts to drive adoption, upsell and cross-sell opportunities as well as cloud subscription retention and renewals by identifying customer requirements, uncovering roadblocks and using your sales skills to probe for opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced SaaS Account Manager who has experience in driving revenue with senior stakeholders. You should understand the Cloud/SaaS model including the role of channel partners, annuity revenue and licensing. You should have strong attention to detail and excellent negotiation skills.
Responsibilities: "I want to and can do that"!
- Manage a sales territory carrying an individual quota in contract renewal and growth.
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals and on-time renewal rate targets
- Work several quarters ahead of renewal dates to ensure customer ‘Renewal Readiness’, engaging with the broader account team, partners and customer health data to identify renewal risk, and partner on remedial actions aimed at securing an on-time renewal, with growth potential.
- Identify expansion opportunities to generate additional revenue (upsell/cross-sell), driving those opportunities to closure and/or ensuring that the appropriate account management resources are engaged to maximize the opportunity
- Prepare and provide customers renewal quotes and Maintain accurate account, license, service contract, asset and maintenance entitlement records within salesforce.com
- Manage and accurately forecast renewals from opportunity to invoice, understanding pricing and contractual obligations
- Pro-actively identify issues that may impact an order or renewal, and engage all available resources to resolve
- Assist Sales and Finance teams with customer and account research & customer audits for renewal
- Track non-renewal, pending, and lost renewals including reasons for cancellation
Requirements: "I’ve already done that or have that"!
- Experience meeting or exceeding growth and retention sales quotas in demand generation or renewing enterprise software in a diverse customer base
- Experience in a sales function that includes both direct customer interaction and working within a channel sales model
- Manage accounts by building and developing client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client’s needs, probing for expanded opportunity and use cases and ability to communicate solution values of products & services
- A track record of selling value at all levels over the phone
- A history of building relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, take initiative and work proactively.
- Strong product understanding, system knowledge and processes to manage a pipeline of opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in technical sales/renewals
- Strong attention to detail
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills with an orientation towards helping customers
- Strong desire and willingness to learn
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.