Director, BD & Program Capture – Public Sector
Ready to help us predict, identify, track and manage key trends and/or emerging opportunities and threats to ensure continued and uninterrupted growth in Public Sector?
- Lead a team individuals passionate about driving Splunk into government programs by understanding government budgets, public sector verticals, and partners providing thought leadership in these areas, as well as managing a Capture process.
- We seek a visionary that can successfully drive core strategic Public Sector objectives and priorities through full engagement with identified partners
- You will be an integral part of Public Sector BD & Partner Management Team as well as provide strategy, leadership and direction to Sales Leaders in Public Sector.
- Utilize strategic analysis of market trends, partner contacts, competition, company and personal relationship, and vertical expertise.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively translate Splunk capabilities into outcomes for Public Sector verticals.
- Maintain frequent and regular communications with integration partner management teams, sales and marketing personnel to improve efforts to identify and capture new business.
- Formulate and execute sales strategies and action plans that clearly defined and measurable.
- Analyze government programs, existing & prospective customer needs, find opportunities and provide detailed scope of opportunity.
- Build and lead the Public Sector BD & Program business plan.
- Minimum 15+ years of Federal sales experience and/or within partner community or equivalent.
- 7+ Years of direct enterprise software Business development experience
- Strong experience working with Partners including System Integrators and VARs (identifying joint and new opportunities)
- Technical acumen with the ability to relate it with business value
- Comfort with an enterprise and transactional sales model
- You will demonstrate attention to details and a passion for improvement.
- You will also have familiarity with consultative selling methodologies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.