Operations Analyst, Customer Success & Renewals
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an upbeat operational and analytics fanatic, with deep SaaS, Business Operations or Sales Operations experience? Do you enjoy ‘digging into the data’, mining for insight, and finding ways to positively improve performance and insight? If yes, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
As the Operations Analyst, you will help drive and support operational excellence and performance insight: maintaining a robust forecast process, continuously improving tools and reporting infrastructure, engaging with internal business partners in a highly effective way, and delivering insight and analytics that drive key growth and scale imperatives.
Responsibilities: I want to, and can do that…
- Developing a deep understanding of the existing landscape of infrastructure, tools, and data that are available to support the Retention and Renewals business.
- Being incredibly familiar and hands-on with the data and metrics, able to adapt reporting and create visualizations that are needed for outward and upward communication.
- Maintaining a global renewal forecast dashboard, working closely with the Renewals team to capture status updates, ensure forecast accuracy, and proactively research and address data gaps.
- Providing Customer Success Managers and Renewal Sales Reps with expert operational support, answering questions related to subscription entitlement, performance metrics, and deal structure.
- Passionate about driving Splunk’s Cloud/Term renewal strategy, including supporting target setting, coverage modelling, capacity planning and forecasting in partnership with Renewals, Sales, Sales Operations and Finance.
- Finding practical ways to bring together data and insights to monitor and advise the performance of the business.
- Bring together win/loss reasons; capitalizing on wins as best practices and identifying root cause for losses; targeting for improvement efforts.
- Helping prepare operational review content to present success to senior leadership; with focus on key drivers of renewal business.
- Seeing opportunities to continuously improve systems, process, and data to eliminate gaps in performance insight, improve data accuracy, and drive operational efficiencies.
- Keeping current on Splunk’s product portfolio, pricing strategies, quoting systems, contracting tools, and subscription management tools to identify and mitigate risks to operational coverage and reporting.
- Overall, being a partner to the business, understanding and prioritizing work based on the insight it can provide to positively and directly impact Splunk’s bottom line.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that
- 3+years in a similar operational/analytics role: Supporting Sales Operations, Customer Success, Professional Services or similar.
- Practical, current, hands-on knowledge of data management and analytics solutions, such as Tableau (or similar), BI tools, scripting, SQL, and an absolute Excel Legend!
- Solid understanding of SaaS and/or Enterprise Sales business model with an understanding of customer lifecycle measures and revenue streams.
- Experience supporting a quota-carrying sales/renewals team and driving sales productivity.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Sales Infrastructure, such as Salesforce.com and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue Management software (i.e. Gainsight).
- Familiar with execution within agile software delivery frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, Lean) especially for the automation of business processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective listening; composing clear, concise correspondence, internal policies, procedures, presentations, and reports.
- Possess a keen business insight with the ability to handle, analyze and track data for a sophisticated and often complex process.
- Strong analytical skills and can accurately summarize and present complex principles to an external audience
- Demonstrable ability to build, document, implement, measure and enhance processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively prioritize in complex business structures; thrives when working in a fast-paced, high-growth, results-oriented environment.
- Education: An academic background in a numerate subject area (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics) is a bonus, or similar foundational skills through experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.