Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. We think about data and the delivery of data differently. That's because unlocking the power of enterprise data creates new opportunities for innovation and builds a competitive advantage.
As a Director of Site Reliability Engineering you will directly contribute to the success of our cloud services business. You will be responsible for driving the overall strategic and technical vision, implementation, and delivery of the SRE team that make Splunk Cloud products reliable and scalable. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders across the company, and drive a culture of excellence.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing a positive work culture. In addition, great verbal communication and written documentation skills are important for this role for promoting ideas throughout the company.
- Be part of crafting the role of SRE at Splunk and implement your vision
- Recruit and retain top talent across disciplines
- Build successful inclusive and healthy distributed teams and collaborative environments
- Contribute to the overall product direction and act as a key partner at the senior level
- Instill a customer focused mindset to the engineering organization
- Create and grow leaders inside of your organization
- Use a data driven approach to improve reliability and scalability across the Splunk Cloud product suit
- Previous experience in a senior Site Reliability Engineering leadership role setting strategy and growing a team to execute on it
- Experience leading and building remote teams
- Deep understanding of reliability concepts and distributed systems
- Proven track record of working across Engineering leadership to drive good service ownership hygiene
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.