Legal Counsel - Litigation and Investigations (US Remote)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join Splunk’s growing Compliance, Employment & Risk team which includes Compliance, Litigation & Investigations, and Employment. This person will support the Litigation & Investigations team coordinating closely with the Compliance and Employment teams. This person will be highly collaborative and entrepreneurial, embracing the opportunity to help manage internal investigations and find new ways to improve and scale the Company’s global investigations and dispute resolution processes. This person will be flexible, creative, and self-motivated--showing initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic, a collaborative approach, and a sense of humor. This position will report to Sr. Corp. Counsel, Litigation & Investigations.
As Legal Counsel, Litigation & Investigations, you will help Splunk build and implement its Global Investigations Program. You will:
- Manage and lead a variety of internal investigations in collaboration with other key stakeholders, including internal audit, finance, and HR
- Partner with subject matter experts and cross-functionally to manage government and other regulatory investigations
- Assist in determining appropriate disciplinary or other corrective action, as appropriate, for violations of Splunk policies and procedures
- Supervise outside counsel relationships, including staffing, investigation strategy, work product, and budgets
- Maintain records of all investigations
- Continuously review and revise Splunk’s internal investigations process and playbooks
- Partner with Splunk IT on e-discovery and records retention practices and procedures
- Provide support for other compliance programs and controls
- Enhance the Company’s eDiscovery program including maintaining guidelines and processes and ongoing review and assessment of communication and collaboration tools working closely with the Legal Operations teams
- Track and report on status and outcomes of investigations and dispute resolution issues
- Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
The candidate must have:
- J. D. from a top-tier law school and good standing to practice law in the State of California
- Minimum of 8 years of experience at a leading law firm and/or government agency handling internal investigations and disputes across a board range of subject matter areas
- Extensive experience conducting compliance-related investigations
- Experience working with or in a fast-paced global b2b or enterprise software company with a channel sales model preferred
- Deep knowledge of eDiscovery issues, including document retention policies and procedures; collection, review, and production of documents
- Ability to provide practical, actionable advice while balancing risks and business reward
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-moving, quickly-changing environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining an open-minded approach
- Comfort presenting to and engaging with senior leaders
- Experience creating and conducting formal presentations and trainings globally
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) on short notice required
- Sense of Humor!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $125,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.