Principal Product Manager, Splunk Cloud
Principal Product Manager, Splunk Cloud
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Become a part of our journey!
Splunk Cloud has amazing customers tackling complex challenges with machine data. We are looking for a teammate to guide the fast-and-furious pace of our service operational capabilities. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities: What you'll do.
- You will own the service definition of Splunk Cloud offerings that meet the requirements of compliance frameworks such as FedRAMP, HIPAA, and PCI. To do this effectively, you will understand business goals, articulate clear requirements, and collaborate with Splunk compliance and other functional teams on development, launch, and ongoing assessment.
- You will understand and represent the customer, support, operational and financial perspectives in the delivery of the service offering. You can leverage cross-functional teams of Splunk subject matter expects to drive the compliance roadmap and the best business outcome.
- You will collaborate with program management on establishing just-enough process and analytics that drive the desired outcome.
Requirements: What you'll need to succeed for this San Francisco Bay Area based role
- You have 3+ years of product management experience with FedRAMP and other compliance/security. Prior product management experience with Splunk, HIPAA or PCI offerings a plus.
- Ability to work in a FedRAMP environment and handle U.S. Government protected information.
- You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution. You have superb soft skills, are collaborative, positive, and passionate about working in a rapidly changing environment.
- You have a deep understanding of operational aspects of delivering large scale service experiences. You can point to examples of services you worked on.
- You have shown the ability to take ownership, lead without authority plus to comfortably articulate your requirements to a cross-functional team via documents and presentations.
- You understand observability and how to achieve reliability in a service.
- You enjoy engaging with customers on business and operational topics. As needed, you’ll travel to customer locations and events to engage on these topics.
Please note: This position supports United States federal, state, and local government agency customers and is subject to certain U.S. citizenship-based restrictions imposed by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, and/or related determination by the U.S. Attorney General. As such, this position is contingent upon candidates establishing proof of U.S. citizenship status. If Splunk determines that a candidate’s citizenship status will prohibit the candidate from working in this position, Splunk expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Splunk shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
Bachelor’s degree; MBA or similar degree highly preferred
Professional certifications as a plus, especially those around Project, Product, and Cybersecurity management
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.