Principal Product Manager - Security Analytics (Remote, USA)
Principal Product Manager - Security Analytics
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Principal Product Manager to join the team to build the next generation of Splunk Security Analytics. Splunk Enterprise Security is the analytics-driven SIEM solution that gives organizations the ability to quickly detect and respond to internal and external attacks. As a Principal Product Manager at Splunk, you will help to evolve, redefine, and build on the Security Analytics for the cloud platforms.
- Work across the entire product life cycle while developing the next generation of analytics, from strategic planning, new product introductions, and end-of-life activities.
- Drive the strategy and execution for Security Analytics SaaS offering and/or core security/compliance requirements for the Splunk Cloud and on-prem platforms. You will be focusing on an area that is absolutely critical for ensuring high-security standards for Splunk.
- Track dependencies on the core platform across the Splunk product portfolio. Prioritize effectively across multiple stakeholders’ requirements and conflicting dimensions.
- Gather and document market requirements for existing and future offerings. Conduct primary research that includes customer and partner interviews. Document personas, use cases, users; partner with UX team to design and prototype; work with engineering to develop and test, beta, and deliver a marketable product on time.
- Make tough prioritization choices and find creative solutions to hard problems.
- Build a compelling platform roadmap that delivers a cross-product vision. Identity patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent platform deliverable.
- Perform market and competitive landscape analysis.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support the creation of customer-driven messaging and content.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Works under general direction toward predetermined long-range goals. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
- Work closely with engineering and architecture teams to specify clear priorities, evaluate technical tradeoffs, and build high-impact features.
- Report status crisply and succinctly to multiple stakeholders, leadership, and customers.
- Drive consensus from team members as well as senior executives.
- Travel will be required, when it is safe to do so.
- 6-10 years of direct Product Management experience as, Solutions Architect, or Systems Engineers for other SIEM solutions.
- Solid experience building use cases for Security Analytics and planning, scoping and prioritizing how best to integrate software apps.
- Hands-on working knowledge of multiple SIEM or adjacent markets is a plus.
- Experience with a security research team to prioritize high-value use cases for customers.
If you’d like to join one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech companies in Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.