Sales Director, Public Sector
Come and join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
- Lead and encourage an expert team of Enterprise Acocunt Managers and work closely with assigned technical resources, Inside Sales and Partner Account Management Teams
- Consistently deliver ambitious license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Demonstrate sales engineering and in-house as well as partner services resources
- Player / teach, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Hire the right team to develop our growth
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to demonstrate both international and domestic colleagues to improve deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- 8+ years of success record establishing and leading front line enterprise level sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- Having a big passion for developing internal talents
- 12+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Proven record in building powerful, positive relationships at the “C” suite level with a successful history of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Stand out executive presence and polished presentation
- Successful forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Motivational management, social, written and presentation skills
- Experience presenting to large public customers at industry events
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, exciting environment
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Collaborate with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Co-work with sales engineering and in-house as well as partner services resources
- Player / mentor, hands on with the team; very involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Enthusiastic about hiring excellent talents to enhance our culture and growth
- Meaningful success record of software selling in Enterprise IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively
- High level of Self-Awareness
- Demonstrated track record of success and intimate understanding of Large Enterprise customers not limited to the Manufacturing, Automotive and Utilities Sector in Japan.
- Native level Japanese Social Skills
- Strong English Social skills
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.