Sr. Software Engineer - SFDC
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
Location: San Jose
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of the core team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the FinancialForce PSA application and related technologies supporting the Professional Services organization. Additionally, you will also work with the end-users and their management to improve processes and workflows.
- Design, configure, administer and customize SFDC FinancialForce PSA including, but not limited to, Apex code and supporting test classes, Custom Objects, Workflow Rules, Custom Fields, Validation Rules and VisualForce Pages.
- Develop and maintain technical design documents related to system architecture.
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts regarding configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
- Support the integration of FinancialForce PSA to rest of the Salesforce platform as well as ERP.
- Responsible for owning system configuration and user setup as needed. Configure fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, saved searches and dashboards.
- Experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases and deployment plans as needed for the engagement.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit-functional testing; and Identify the root cause of defects and develop fixes in the system.
- Work with management, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Business Users (PS & Finance) to scope work and produce estimates.
- Collaborate closely with other solution architects to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Provide pre- and post-implementation technical support.
- Working with SFDC/FinancialForce support to resolve issues with the application. Maintain smooth operation and performance of the platform.
- Ability to prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of experience implementing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Experience integrating the Salesforce platform with internal and external systems
- Deep understanding of overall Salesforce ecosystem
- You have come from a programming background using one or more of the languages such as APEX, Visualforce, Java, Python
- Enterprise integration architectures such as SOA, RESTful, ETL
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Understanding of ERP & Professional Services Administration processes is a preferred.
- Understanding of CPQ, Opportunity Management & Order Management processes is a plus.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- You have the ability to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as necessary
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Experience in translating customer business requirements into workable technical solutions, either as a software solution or a re-engineering initiative is required.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.