Principal Client Platform Engineer (US Remote Available)
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
Splunk is looking for a very experienced and highly skilled Systems Engineer focusing on endpoint security, and configuration management, with a passion for administering enterprise software using best of breed technologies. In this role you are comfortable delivering at a high level in a fast paced and growing environment. You'll drive standardization and management for our endpoints along with a number of enterprise applications and services. If you get energized working in a hyper-growth company and enjoy blazing a trail versus following, then this is the dream job you've been looking for.
This role provides high visibility and impact to both the CIO and CISO organizations.
- You will be responsible for the architecture, design, integration, implementation, operation, and support of enterprise-wide applications and services
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future end user needs
- Configuration Management for macOS (Jamf Pro) and Windows using industry standard tools to meet Security requirements and comply with CIS benchmarks
- Manage configuration of our endpoint security software such as endpoint detection and response, application whitelist, and host-based intrusion detection software
- You will partner with the Security Engineering leads to coordinate efforts, initiatives, and roadmaps
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management
- Write scripts/policies that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools
- Manage transition plans for major upgrades or patches
- Integrate with other internal systems and tools
- Manage and report on application performance against KPI’s
- Work as the escalation point between various support teams for issues on the client platform
- Work as a liaison from the Splunker Technology Success org to other IT Service orgs to deliver feature enhancements and best in class solutions through shared products and goals
- Drive client security models and best practices in an enterprise environment
- Drive business decisions through data using tools like Splunk
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems
- Develop solutions that meet the business needs to complex customer requirements
- You are able to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
- Experience with implementing security standards and compliance across a huge enterprise organization
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- 8+ years experience of providing application support and engineering
- 12+ years experience in IT
- Knowledge of bash/python scripting
- Experience using Splunk for reporting and dashboards
- Experience with Endpoint Management platforms such as JAMF Pro / WorkspaceONE / Puppet / LANdesk / Intune / etc.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written at all levels of an organization up to and including executive level management
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to transfer knowledge to peers
- Comfortable working in a high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long term requirements
- Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems
- Ability to work effectively with team members, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.