IT Service Management Consultant (UK security clearance)
Please note, we're looking for candidates that have current UK Security Clearance
The Splunk Senior ITSM Solution Consultant has a strong understanding of how to implement Splunk technical solutions to automate the processes of IT organisations and business, including organisational modifications that will be required to ensure the successful adoption of the solution by the client organisation. Compiles required capabilities, business and technical requirements, and desired outcomes/vision into an architecture and programme definition across the appropriate solution. Accelerates project delivery by providing technical leadership during all stages of the project/program. Advises project teams on implementation approach, strategy, integration, large Enterprise deployment, and adoption best practices to maximise delivery success and value realization. This position will require a 70% utilisation target and travel to customer sites to perform work as circumstances permit.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements with focus on business value
- Participate in all aspects of the initiative from the initial strategy discussions through the delivery process, requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Partner with the Client Project Managers and Splunk Delivery Managers to validate that high- level project scope, schedule, resource plan, and estimates are aligned to ensure a successful project / programme outcomes.
- Perform configuration of the Splunk ITSI product suite to meet the customer requirements
- Facilitate appropriate workshops and other sessions to capture business and technical
- requirements, current and desired states, and deliver a best-practice based global
- architecture and implementation
- Define global architecture to meet desired state vision including business, application, data,
- technical, integration and security architectures.
- Provide oversight at key milestones and manage expectations during implementation
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to key decision making related to new solutions
- and products, cross-product integrations, and product upgrades.
- The Senior level ITSI Solution Consultant will provide technical programme oversight, leadership, and mentoring across multiple projects.
- Advise clients on best practices to help guide and solidify a given design. Use expertise and best practices to bridge vision and desired state to global architecture and delivery requirements
- Ensure successful delivery of desired outcomes by engaging in risk management and mitigation, and operational program governance
- Effectively build and leverage relationships within the Client organisations and Splunk to ensure success.
- Develop strong technical champions and coaches within project teams.
- Mentor client team members in area of subject matter expertise
- Bust be Security cleared in the UK, or have previously had UK security clearance
- Self-starter; demonstrates initiative and leadership across projects and within the team
- Seen as trusted advisor and technical leader
- Consistently delivers high quality results, including on-time quality deliverables and meeting project timelines
- Identifies and exploits future opportunities to drive additional value
- Projects complete successfully (meets requirements and vision)
- Successfully manages stakeholder expectations through solid communication and
- documentation with no or minimal rework required
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface at all levels within an
- organisation, technical to senior management.
- Continuously enhances solution knowledge and skills to further industry leadership position
- Ability to process and advocate client requirements and product gaps into the development
- (R&D) organisation.
- Proven experience in driving and delivering IT Operations Management solutions that
- materially add business value
- Deep IT Monitoring and Automation domain expertise in operations management software specialisms
- Demonstrable experience deploying software monitoring solutions and associated
- infrastructure, both on-premise and cloud environments in large complex global enterprise environments and UK Government Secure ecosystem
- Configuration experience with Windows, Linux operating systems
- Configuration experience with databases such as, SQL, Oracle or DB2.
- Strong technical implementation experience in Splunk ITSI or similar product sets e.g. IBM
- Netcool, Microfocus ITOM, BMC TrueSight, Cherwell, Ivanti, ServiceNow
- Technical implementation experience defining metrics, thresholding and reporting baselines
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or relevant technical field experience plus a minimum of 5 years of related IT Operations experience
- Experience in business process reengineering
- Experience leading project implementation teams and being responsible for delivery at large enterprise clients.
- ITIL Certification or similar framework.
- Current UK DV clearance.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.