Sales Engineer- DevOps / DevSecOps
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will partner closely with Splunk’s direct Sales Team on all aspects of opportunity development and technical selling across Splunk’s entire product and solution portfolio within the region. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- You will assist Splunk strategic customers in the design of highly available, scalable and secure Splunk architectures, where there is a need to ingest and search a significant volume of data across a large user-base, implementing a variety of DevOps and DevSecOps use-cases.
- The voice of the customer to Product Management and Engineering, enabling to respond to real world customer demands and capabilities and help in driving adoption for further expansion for all types of DevOps and DevSecOps use cases.
- Demonstrate and articulate Splunk products and solutions to customers either onsite or remotely, and at events such as conferences and trade shows. Answer technical questions regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions and applications, as well as, articulate Splunk’s market positioning to both business and technical users.
- Ability to travel to visit prospects, customers and partners primarily in the GTA but occasionally throughout Canada, and be willing to engage in onsite customer work when required.
IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- Proven track record in designing large, highly distributed Splunk Enterprise deployments, with outstanding working knowledge of Cloud technologies, Open Source and Big Data tools, and current trends.
- Experience implementing, managing and/or architecting large scale or complex Splunk environments both on-premises and in the Public Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD toolsets including but not limited to Jenkins, Jira, Sonarqube and Puppet.
- Deep understanding of how Splunk can operate in a multi and hybrid cloud environments in addition to helping customer understand how to deploy Splunk with Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Experience in security operations and automation, incident investigation, identity and governance.
- Have the ability develop in different programming languages such as Python, Golang and Java and be able to build Splunk Integrations as well as third party connectors.
- Systems architecture and design experience in complex environments (3+ years)
- Prior technical sales / technical services experience (5+ years)
- Experience crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Self-starter capable of taking ownership of projects and driving them from start to finish while meeting delivery deadlines and quality standards. The SE Architect will be inspired by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and is able to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels within and outside of the company.
- The ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk.
- You live in Toronto
- Bachelors degree or substantial relevant on the job experience. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.