Principal Technical Program Manager
Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success!
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager, who will be responsible for leading large-scale, complex programs from start to end within our Products & Technology organization, starting with the Get Data in (GDI) area. You will be working cross-functionally with a broad set of technical and business partners to drive programs that will further Splunk’s long range goals. We want a TPM who can thrive with a nebulous problem set, distill complex problems into concrete work, and guide multiple teams with their strong, critical thinking skills.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Strategically leading technical programs in the Products & Technology organization, with a clear and constant understanding of priorities to drive expected outcomes, including New Product Introduction (NPI) and Go To Market (GTM) processes
- Breaking down problems and operationalizing initiatives into coherent workstreams; defining program timelines and ensuring accountability of program goals; operating as the single source of truth in execution of highly complex programs
- Proactively anticipating risks, developing mitigation plans, and driving problems to resolution
- Aligning with organizational leadership and key business customers as a program lead across multiple programs
- Understanding system interdependencies and facilitating technical discussions; communicating solutions and decisions with both engineers and non-technical audiences
- Creating and maintaining detailed and easy-to-digest program documentation, managing dependencies, and tracking status across multiple teams and workstreams
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 12+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Understanding and experience with creating and consuming APIs
- Extensive experience driving large, cross-functional programs that have broad organizational impact
- Demonstrated the ability at juggling multiple, concurrent programs and prioritizing tasks based on criticality
- Communication and risk management are your forte. You can communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels and develop plans to act upon risks appropriately
- Phenomenal at decision-making, consensus building, and problem solving; you don't shy away from challenges
- Strong technical proficiency required to understand development tasks and identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Understanding of key development tools and technologies such as Python, Gitlab, AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- (A big plus) Experience working Data Ingestion messaging or stream processing technologies
- (A big plus) Experience with program management tools in the Atlassian stack (Jira and Confluence)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.