Strategic Account Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a highly successful Account Director/ Strategic Account Manager looking to join a high growth software leader where you can have full control of your pay-packet? Excited about joining a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader with double digit growth? If you answered yes, you should definitely read more!
You will join our dynamic, enthusiastic and winning Strategic Accounts Team as our Strategic Account Manager based in Sydney reporting to the Director, Strategic Accounts North. Our Strategic team act as trusted advisors to our customers. We are experiencing a time of high growth where our customers are turning to us for guidance as they look for solutions to solve critical business problems. There has never been a better time to join the Splunk family as we make machine data accessible, for everyone!
This role will be focussed on managing our customer Westpac. There is a key focus on positioning our value proposition across multiple use cases and bring complex enterprise level deals to a close. You will have a strong network within the account and have a solid understanding of the culture, priorities and technology transformation within the account.
In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing effective and meaningful relationships with our customers at the Executive CX level. You will play an important role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- Consistently deliver license, support and service revenue targets
- Collaborate and work with inside sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Collaborate in partnership with sales engineering and in-house and external partner services resources
- Intimately skilled in account planning, strategy and sales calls and has a strong understanding of how to "land and expand" within an existing customer base
- Exceeds in a fast-growing organization, dedicated to disrupting the industry
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to bring to bear both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information;
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing Bulleted content
- Drive relationship with every touchpoint of sales process and anticipate challenges before the customer does!
- Be a cloud advocate to your customer and build a trusted advisor relationship with your customer
- Significant experience in Territory mapping, account planning and opportunity management
- Successful in negotiating favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment
- You will ideally have 8-10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises customers across FSI industry
- Experience selling into Westpac account s is a distinct advantage
- Consistent track record in Use Case selling to the “C” audience suite closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Executive level relationships within the FSI sector
- Ability to provide accurate sales forecasts to leadership team
- Extraordinary interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Experience presenting to large public audiences at industry events
- Thrives in a transparent, dynamic and disruptive team environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your expansive team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Experienced in maintaining the integrity and sensitivity of data within CRM systems (Sales Force)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.