Principal UX/UI Designer, Security
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
As a Principal UX/UI Designer, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver phenomenal experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk.
What you’ll do:
- You will help us design new products and offerings for Splunk’s Security Markets Group focused on Analytics
- Think creatively regarding how to surface and visualize data correlations & insights
- Craft user workflow diagrams, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity designs
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout product development (including user research, product management, and engineering)
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Partner with UX researchers and product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to craft product development efforts
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in UX/UI Design
- Experience in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices
- Experience in data visualization (a must)
- Understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Excellent visual design skills and a high level understanding of visual solutions for all screen sizes
- Master crafting prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience collaborating with other designers and departments - you’re comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Not afraid of project or product ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Masters degree in HCI or related Design program
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- A sense of humor
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in an agency environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile
- Start up experience
- Security industry experience a major plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.