Senior Lease Administrator (Remote)
Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology to help our customers succeed. But don’t take our word for it: Splunk has been named to 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies, People Companies That Care 2021, Fortune’s 2021 100 Best Companies To Work, and The Best Place to Work in Greater Washington DC and the Bay Area among many other awards which can be viewed here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/about-splunk/awards.html
As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion, and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
The Splunk Workplace Experience and Real Estate (WEaRE) Team is looking for a hard-working, experienced Senior Lease Administrator. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director. In this role, you are a key member of the Real Estate Team and will be responsible crafting and maintaining all aspects of lease administration functionality to support the existing 1 million square feet (and growing) office footprint in 60 locations around the world. You will be the primary contact for landlords on lease administration concerns. Splunk needs a detailed oriented and a strong communicator that can work independently while performing a full range of lease support functions in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment. The position can be based wherever the individual lives or in one of our existing offices.
- Advocate, assist, and make recommendations to the team in lease and space contract negotiations
- Review of lease related documentation and supervision of abstraction of critical information including rents, dates, and financial obligations; QC abstractions once complete
- Be in charge of 3rd party property outsourced database services
- Assist in resolution of day-to-day issues and questions from landlord, AP, finance, and other internal partners
- Review proposed agreements for adherence to standard terms and manage executions
- Ensure lease expenses including rent, CAM, taxes, insurance, and miscellaneous operating expenses (OPEX) with landlords and third-party suppliers are accurate and payments made timely.
- Ensure lease related correspondence and forms, including estoppel, SNDA, commencement memos are generated, executed, and filed appropriately
- Working with AP, create, review, and adjust rent roll on a monthly basis
- Perform accurate and detailed reconciliations of rent and operating expense accounts to ensure compliance with lease terms. Work with landlords to resolve discrepancies.
- Review and approve monthly charges, payments, and CAM. Perform desktop CAM audits and validate annual CAM reconciliations. Recommend and lead 3rd party audits when appropriate
- Be the primary contact for subleasees and insure sublease payments and report delinquencies
- Prepare Security Deposit requests for AP processing and ensure that Security Deposits are returned in a timely fashion
- Process manual billing for non-recurring charges as needed
- Assist the team’s ongoing effort to develop efficient leasing terms, processes, and procedures
- Maintain data on rent expenses, portfolio for lease terms, expirations, broker performance, etc.
- Assist with other Real Estate projects as needed
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting or related equivalent degree or demonstrated ability in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in global lease administration
- Experience and competence applying commercial real estate software platforms
- Ability to review, interpret, and analyze Commercial Office Leases, Subleases, Serviced Office Agreements, annual CAM, Tax and Insurance reconciliations
- Ability to work proactively, independently and prioritize effectively in a sophisticated fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple target dates
- Desire to address semi-related matters
- Experienced with Lease database management tools and outsourced services
- Occasional travel required
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.