Engineering Manager - Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about solving problems using data and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for an Engineering Manager to help build our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working to ensure development teams, product teams and our cloud customers all understand exactly how their cloud systems are performing and give them the tools to quickly respond as the system changes.
- Work across the organization and across functions to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's passionate users.
- Lead teams of tight-knit, engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing.
- Recruit and mentor new engineers.
- You have led software teams that have delivered complex products and made an impact for your users.
- You encourage achieve more than they thought possible.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You've shown the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions and across remote teams.
- You are passionate about user experience and making many people happier every day.
- Your have passion for ensuring systems are observable
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about creating and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, testing, continuous integration, and continuous build/test/release automation.
- You have worked extensively with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Deep knowledge of logs, metrics, traces and alerts and obtaining the right data to help developers and operators make decisions quickly.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.